Your teeth are important in many ways – strong and healthy teeth help you chew the foods easily, help you speak clearly, and ensure you smile at someone happily and confidently. You should always ensure that you maintain good healthy and white teeth.
Here are few important dental care tips given by the best dentist in Paschim vihar –
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Make it a practice to brush your teeth at least patiently for 2 minutes twice in a day – once in the morning and as the last thing before going to bed. It is important to make sure food remains do not stay stuck between your teeth.
- Use the right toothpaste. There are number of brands available in the market and be wise to choose the best quality ones. Make sure you use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces risk of tooth decay.
- Do not forget about your tongue. We rather talk only about teeth, when it comes to oral health. It is important to wash and keep clean our tongue as well. You may even use a mouthwash to clean your mouth during the daytime after small meals.
- Avoid sugary foods and alcohol. Too much sweet and sugary food helps bacteria to easily spread on your teeth and creates plaque. Limit your sugary intake and clean your teeth once you finish eating, before any other works.
- Intake more calcium and vitamin D. These are the important nutrients to keep your teeth strong and healthy. Calcium can be easily obtained through consuming adequate milk, dairy products, fruits and vegetables on daily basis and vitamin D help calcium to be absorbed easily within the body.
- Drinking water also enhances the oral health. Drinking more and more water increases saliva production that is important for healthy and clean teeth.
- Visit a dentist occasionally. Do not wait until your teeth have some problem to visit a dentist. Try to allocate an hour at least once in 6 months to make an appointment with a good dentist to examine your teeth and to do a simple teeth cleaning or mouth washing.
- Do not keep broken or decayed teeth unattended. Teeth related problems need to be attended at your earliest. By keeping the bad teeth inside, remember you are ruining other good teeth as well slowly.
- Protect your teeth from injuries. Particularly, if you are a sports (woman), make sure you use correct teeth protective guards to keep safe your teeth from injuries, while you are engaged in sports.
- Avoid using teeth for what it is not meant for.We usually have the bad habits of breaking a plastic bag, holding a pin, etc. using our teeth. As these affect the strength of teeth, we should make sure we use our teeth only to chew our food.
Our parents teach us dental care tips from our childhood. However, with the busy life-schedule we tend to take little care of our teeth. One of the best advices given by the dentist in Paschim vihar is to take dental care as part of the normal routine, which then turns to be a habit.